Sunday, March 27, 2011

Adventures on the Road: Sunshine In My Shoes

As promised, here are some of the photos from our trip last week to the Carolinas!
There were so many I decided to break them up, thematically. So here are the best shots from our two afternoons on the beach with my brother, Ben, who ships out with his platoon this week.
It was wonderful to spend the day with two of my favorite guys in the whole world.
Oh, and I would like to point out, cough, that I myself did not take a sea shell and write “I LOVE ELIZABETH” in the sand. Okay? That wasn’t me.
Side note, it was Madigan’s first trip to the ocean. Not sure she’s sold on the shore line but she liked the sand (a little too much – we found her trying to eat a few mouthfuls early in the day)!

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.”  - Isak Dinesen
“He that will learn to pray, let him go to sea.”  - George Herbert
“For whatever we lose (like a you or a me),
It's always our self we find in the sea.” - e.e. cummings

2 comments:

Janet @ Made For This said...

I am so thankful for these pictures, Elizabeth. Thank you for posting them. Gorgeous, and fun, my children. Gorgeous and fun.

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

What a fun trip Elizabeth... I'm sure you made some wonderful memories that you'll always look back on fondly. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...