Monday, November 21, 2011

I Forget All the Time

Someone told me recently that we're all just steps away from our selves as children. We are all so fragile, so breakable and I think we forget that. Sometimes I make eye contact with a stranger and think, "You are seconds away from shattering."

And I want to reach out and take your hands and say, "I am so sorry."

Because for a second, I forgot. I forgot you were a human heart, pumping blood through a human chest, and I forgot.

Columbus11

God forgive me, I forget all the time.

love,

elizabeth

7 comments:

Nicole said...

SUCH a wonderful reminder to lovelovelove people.

Thank you. I really needed this today.

xoxo

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Great way to start of our week...thanks Elizabeth!!

Savannah said...

This is a great reminder. It's so true to forget and only think about ourselves or the people we're close to

Jacqlyn said...

A beautiful post. We all forget sometimes, thank you for making us remember.

Faith said...

it is so easy to forget. you never know what someone else is going through. my mom use to always say, always smile. even if you don't know the person. you never know when all that person needed was a smile to get them through the day.

thanks for the lovely reminder!

val said...

thank you for this post!

Ashley @ A Recipe for Sanity said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Thanks, Elizabeth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...