Monday, May 20, 2013

Keeping It Hardcore

In keeping with our marriage motto and our ultra hardcore personalities, Kyle and I got tattoos today to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary (just two weeks away). We’ve talked about getting a tattoo together for years but could never fully commit to one idea. If you’ve read this part of our love story, you know where the saying ‘no doubts.’ comes from and why it’s so significant in my relationship with Kyle. We literally say it probably 10 times a day. In the morning, when we leave for work. In the middle of the day, when we talk on the phone. At night, before we fall asleep. Any time we’re leaving one another. Sometimes we get silly and say it when someone is just taking the dog out for a walk or going to take a shower. It’s pretty gross to be around us, honestly. So when we started talking seriously about getting a tattoo for our anniversary, it seemed obvious that this is what we’d get. The punctuation was really important to me. Kyle wanted an exclamation point (!!!) but I put a kabosh on that because no. See? A period says it all. But I let him choose his own font because I am a non-control freak like that. …..

Tattoos

I guess I’m stuck with the dude now. This is Kyle’s fourth time getting inked (inked. that’s how I talk because I am, as I have already mentioned, extremely hardcore.) but my first.

Outside: I acted pretty tough. No big deal. I get tattoos all the time. Oh, this little needle in my neck? Whatevs. Want to get some lunch after this?

Inside: OMG OMG OMG. ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. OW. OWWWWW…thisisromanticthisisromanticthisisromanticthisisromantic…I’m 25 years old but I’m pretty sure my mom is going to kill me…I love Kyle I love Kyle I love Kyle…owwwwwwwwwwwwww…

I think all of this is entirely in keeping with who we want to be as a couple – people that have adventures and do scary things together. Bonus: I can cross something off my bucket list for 2013.

Are you a tattoo-type person? Would you ever get a tattoo with another person?

love, elizabeth

10 comments:

Sara said...

love this! what a perfect tat for you guys (look at me.. saying tat... am I hardcore too?)

I have always thought that a simple "ring" tattoo on my ring finger would be awesome...but I wouldnt want to stop wearing my actual rings so then no one would see it... but I would know it's there.

I like the period. a lot.

Jennifer Owens said...

This is awesome - I LOVE IT! I would freak out if Todd agreed to get a tattoo with me - like a dream come true. (o:

Ashley said...

How cute! Good for you guys. Rob would never agree to get a tattoo of any kind, ever, but I may get one when we get married that has something to do with us.

Eatlovemerry said...

So lovely!,

Unknown said...

My first tattoo was on my right foot, with my three international best friends. We got them done in Paris, when we were all working as au pairs. I love it. :)

My boyfriend will never get a matching tattoo with me. He doesn't like needles. Or tattoos, although he's grown to like mine.

Brandy Bruce said...

Adorable! Such a neat idea. Alas, I am not that hardcore. But I think it's cool that you guys did it!

Courtney said...

Was thinking about you today! Hope you are well lady! XOXO

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Hope all is well...love the tattoo!!

Jason Navarro said...

Great post! There's nothing like a shared experience of getting a tattoo to celebrate your anniversary. Years from now you'll be looking back and smile at this experience.

Unknown said...

Love the idea. Best of luck to you both. x

Louise
http://louiseplace.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...