The National Weather Service apparently doesn’t know this but…fall is officially just days away. I’m a big believer in the seasons and celebrating them but like a lot of you, I’m on a small budget so I’ve compiled a list of five free (or almost free) autumn-inspired things to get you in the mood for fall.
1. You can track fall foliage with The Weather Channel this autumn. Beginning in mid-September, you’ll be able to click on the U.S. map to find the best spots to see the changing leaves. Also check your state’s visitor or national park sites for fall foliage trackers. Some states even have apps for the smart phone crowd (you know you are). If you don’t live somewhere that gets a lot of fall color, be sure to check out some of these cool web-cams.
2. Mini candles at Bath and Body Works are just $3.50 or 2 for $5 right now and their fall scents are sooooo good. My favorites: Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Farm Stand Apple.
3. This recipe for Brown Butter and Ginger Ale Apple Dumplings from Alli ‘n Sons.
4. The Dollar Tree, people. The Dollar Tree. I have not previously given this store due credit. Right now, they have snazzy fall decorations like these adorable ceramic pumpkins. Oh, and did I mention it’s The Dollar Tree so everything is, in fact ONE DOLLAR?
5. Want to start gearing up for Halloween? You can stream lots of scary movies online for free on sites like Crackle or Hulu. Check out Dracula or The Ape Man or Dracula vs. Frankenstein.
Bonus: Kristin over at Vignettes is hosting her annual Fall Friendship Swap and YOU can be a part of it.
I’m sharing my fall-inspired playlist with you. You are sooooooooooo lucky.
How is the internet helping you get excited for another fall?