Saturday, September 29, 2012

Five Books I Plan to Read The Second I Have Passed My Candidacy Exam...

Well, maybe not the exact second.

photo[1]

But I am fantasizing about how much I will enjoy reading when no one is requiring me to do so. I am going to read FICTION, you guys. Copious amounts of fiction.

Here are my top five Christmas break must-reads. I realize that it is pointless, and possibly dangerous, to be dreaming about the books I will read when I’m done reading the pile I have now. But what is a dream if not wrought with danger and mostly an exercise in futility?

A Prayer for Owen Meany

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

The Time Traveler’s Wife

The Great Gatsby (I want to sneak in a re-read before I catch the Luhrmann remake on Christmas Day)

An Abundance of Katherines

A girl can dream. Back to dramatic theory.

What’s on your reading list?

love, elizabeth

2 comments:

Dan H said...

Miss Peregrine is good, I think you'll like it (I reviewed it on my blog actually: http://www.intogeek.net/2012/09/friday-review-book-club-3.html)

Sarahcastically said...

Well, the bad news is, they moved the release date for The Great Gatsby to next May, but the good news is, you have more time to read it...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...