Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mad for Madigan: How to Make Mistakes

 

IMG_0049

Dear Readers,

Today I am blogging about forgiveness. As in, i-have-not-done-a-post-a-week-like-I-promised-forgive-me-please.

Forgiveness is big in this house, specially since the ‘rents have to ask for it so often. I swear, if I hear, “Oh, Madigan, I’m so sorry I didn’t share my bean burrito with you” or “Maddy, please forgive me for not telling you how incredibly beautiful you look today” ONE MORE TIME… I kid. I’m actually extremely underappreciated. But that’s another post.

It may surprise you to know that even I, Madigan, sometimes need forgiveness. Confession time: Sometimes…I pee in the house. I know I’m not supposed to. I know that if I let Dad know, he’ll take me outside. But sometimes, darn it, those stairs just look a little steep and those rain clouds look a little gray. And hey, carpet, grass, grass, carpet. It all feels the same to me. Terrible, I know. But I have learned to forgive myself. Accidents happen…or so I keep telling Mom.

And while I have pretty much mastered this, I’ve noticed people have a much more difficult time forgiving themselves. But here’s the deal-i-o, human companions, and I realize that for most of you, this is revolutionary: You. Are. Not. Perfect. You will never BE perfect. Start thinking about mistakes like Things You’ve Eaten From the Garbage; some of them tasted pretty gnarly but hey…now you know you don’t like soggy cornbread and leftover guacamole. Scarf up those mistakes. Swallow them without chewing! Gack ‘em up on the carpet if you feel like it!

I’ll forgive you if you comment.

Stay spectacular,

Mad

 

IMG_0147

Seriously, who WOULDN’T forgive this face?

7 comments:

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

These pics of Madigan are SO GOOD! You're getting skilled with that camera, missy! :P

I love Madigan's posts. She's a funny pup. ;)

Have you read the blog Choppy's Dog House? http://choppythedog.blogspot.com/

Reminds me of your Madigan posts a little... except yours have a little more substance. Lol!

Janet @ Made For This said...

Madigan, Madigan, Madigan. I am so thankful that you are such an emotionally healthy and mature puppy. Advanced for your age, I must say. I do encourage you, just on principle, to NOT eat garbage. It is so unladylike. Kisses!

Unknown said...

Oh Madigan... Who couldn't forgive you? You are precious... and wise. Thanks for the life lesson.

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

This made me chuckle. For a second I thought you were talking...and you peeing on the carpet was way WAY too much for me to handle. LOL. Very cute post. Poor little guy, all dogs do it.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I just found your blog! Sounds fun!

Lauren Nicole said...

face of an angel!

xoxo

Emry said...

Oh Madigan, you're such a furry little sage!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...