Monday, September 5, 2011

Fresh Air

 

Happy Labor Day Monday. Hope you’re all celebrating by doing some not-so-laborious things. Woke up this morning to find out that Ohio had suddenly realized it’s in September now for REAL. Madigan dragged me outside for a walk and I was greeted by some of the coolest, freshest smelling air. The wind was blowing just a little and the leaves were crunchy and the world smelled like rain and I thought, “Fall has arrived.” I’m sure it’ll get hot again and ruin it for me but until then, I’ve turned off the air-conditioning (which has given me the most outrageous electric bill all summer) and opened all the windows. Time for some fresh air.

I know I already said this, but I am ALMOST done re-doing my office and will be posting pictures, hopefully by tomorrow morning. Can’t wait to show you!

What about you? What’s taking up your Labor Day?

love, elizabeth

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh! I love pictures of redone offices! Some of my favorite things!

Happy happy fall.

<3 Daryl
Roots, Wings, and Other Things.

ashley @ A Recipe for Sanity said...

It's hot here! And unfortunately, I am spending the day working on school-related stuff...but also watching tv and things like that as well. Hey, at least it was a nice long weekend! :) Can't wait to see your office redo!

Janet @ Made For This said...

Laundry - washed all the camping blankets and hung them outside to dry. Caught up on email. Baked 4 pans of Coca Cola brownies for the church supper. Knitted. Yep. Labor Day - it was mostly nice.

Mami en construcción said...

Last week I was so happy after some rainy days... but now the heat is back. Boo.
At least I could enjoy fall for a week. Ha!

allora said...

Yeah, it was definitely 113 Yesterday in Arizona... I wouldn't mind the cool weather right about now! :)

But we did have a grand ole time at a fun family BBQ :) Swimming, hamburgers and watermelons make everything {even 113 Degrees} better.

Suget said...

OHHH I am so happy for you that you are now having the fall weather. I love it! I made cookies this weekend and we even wore sweaters to the lake!!

Megan said...

The weather has been SO amazing here the past few days, too!! Not exactly cool, but certainly not hot! WOO!!

Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

I am so jealous of your weather. We had a good rain this morning and it cooled things off a bit, but the sun is back out and I imagine we'll be right back where we started.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

the picture is totally awesome...she really needed some fresh air! the hubby and i were home most of the weekend together which was real nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...