Well, now that October is almost over, it’s high time for another inspiration of the month! Meet Kate.
Kate and I have been friends for eleven very full, very exciting years. We’ve seen each other through some of the worst and best moments of our lives (Kate was my maid of honor five and a half years ago!).
There are so many inspiring things about Kate but here’s a biggie on my list…
Not only is she an amazing career woman and amazing friend, she’s also an amazing wife to a United States Marine. If you’re in the military or married to it, you know what this means.
Long separations, weird hours, lots of moves, some extra worry, and a great deal of sacrifice. I’ve been so thankful to get to keep up Kate and Garrett’s love story over the past few years. As Garrett prepares to deploy, I know they are spending as much time as they can together and preparing for this new part of their love story. Kate and Garrett have a saying that’s been with them since their wedding ceremony…“Stuck together until the end of forever.” It’s become a playful reminder of a very serious commitment. “You married me,” Kate tells him. “That’s it. It’s in the fine print. There are no loopholes. You’re stuck with me!”
Five Fast Kate Facts
- Kate loves dogs but she became a cat person in college. Her cat, Boo, is the second love of her life.
- Her first kiss was in the choir room in 8th grade while practicing a song for the talent show. Uh-huh. Practicing.
- She prefers popcorn to chocolate.
- Kate went skydiving a few years ago. When they threw her out of the plane at 17,500 feet, she cried. She totally wants to go again.
- Halloween has special significance in her love story so she and Garrett went to three haunted houses on their wedding night. Sexy.
You should definitely go follow Kate’s sweet blog, Love Not Distance where she shares her triumphs and struggles as a young military wife. She makes me laugh and I love her honesty and practical applications of love.
Who’s inspiring YOU lately?