I know I’m not the first person to think of this but when I just couldn’t bring myself to draw up a list of New Year’s resolutions, I decided to try something else. So here’s my 2012 Bucket List. 31 things to before 2013. Some things made my list because I have to do them, anyway. Some things are on there because they seem easy or fun. Some things made the list because they scare the poop out of me. A few things overlap from my list of winter. I am resolved to attempt ALL of them.
31 Before ‘13
1. Get my solo-performance on its feet.
2. Successfully prepare for my comprehensive graduate exams.
3. Perform at a poetry open-mic night.
4. Read the chronological Bible straight-through.
5. Finish my PhD coursework.
6. Cook a new vegetable.
7. Commit to my one-hour system (see post).
8. Visit a weird museum.
9. Find five new uses for five old/recycled things.
10. Complete (at least) ten weeks of Weight Watchers.
11. Go to an Ohio State football game.
12. Learn to make a pie crust.
13. Take a vacation with Kyle to somewhere new.
14. Read ten books UN-related to school.
15. Visit five breakfast spots featured in Breakfast with Nick: Columbus.
16. Hike in Hocking Hills.
17. Watch all of Alfred Hitchcock’s films.
18. Attend the young women’s small group regularly.
19. Save money every month.
20. Write 300 blog posts.
21. Throw a party.
22. Take a haunted tour of something, using this map.
23. Celebrate Valentine’s Day in an out-of-the-ordinary way.
24. Present a paper at a conference.
25. Go to a Blue Jackets game.
26. Spend a day at the beach.
27. See a new band live.
28. Go on a blate.
29. Learn how to play a new board game.
30. Volunteer for a new charity.
31. Find and use a homeopathic treatment.
So what do you think? What made it onto YOUR list?