1. If you go to an inn in New England with Bing Crosby, there will be smooching.
2. No one can say ‘Merry Christmas’ with the fervor of Jimmy Stewart. No one. (see It’s a Wonderful Life, Shop Around the Corner for exhibits a and b)
3. If anyone shows up and claims to be a messenger, an angel, or a ghost of Christmas past perfect participle, listen to them.
4. Tim Allen knows it. Virginia knows it. The Supreme Court knows it. There is a Santa Claus. Don’t argue.
5. Don’t forget to hire the large ethereal-sounding choir well in advance of your life-altering transformation on Christmas Eve. They book up fast.
6. It’s okay if you burn the dinner, end up in an insane asylum or on a greyhound, fall off the roof, have no money for presents, or feel like jumping off a bridge because if it’s Christmas, there’s always hope.
What about you? What’s your favorite Christmas movie?