Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY: Phone Book Stationery

I felt the urge to be crafty Sunday afternoon and this is what happened.

I started with some blank colored stock card stationery that I’ve been saving.

Stat3

I cut out a tiny bird pattern from a craft book and traced it out on the yellow pages of an old phone book (these days, I seem to have like eight of them lying around).

Stat2

Stat9

I don’t even know how many of my DIY projects involve this glue but it’s my favorite. Mod-Podge – inexpensive and easy to find in lots of different stores.

Stat4

I patterned several birds on each individual card.

Stat5

I layered pages of the phone book with lighter card stock and bird details.

Stat6

Stat7

I ended up creating a similar pattern with hearts that I like, too.

Stat8

This project didn’t take a whole lot of concentration or brain cells which is exactly what I was hoping for. I plan to tie up the two sets with some twine and give them as gifts.

What about you? Working on anything creative?

love, elizabeth

6 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

What a great idea! I really want to try this now. You're so creative.

Jennifer Owens said...

Wow - that turned out great! I've got a billion projects going with not much time to do them it seems. I love making yarn wreaths. (o:

Unknown said...

cute! I painted picture frames this weekend. It also didn't take brain cells ;) Cute blog!

Alex Byer said...

This is fantastic! We've got a bunch of unused phone books in our lobby and this might be the perfect use for them :)

Suget said...

what a cute way to use old phonebooks.

KerryRose said...

Oh this is GENIUS! So perfect, I love stationary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...