Monday, January 16, 2012

Breakfast is an Occasion

Sunday made me long for luxurious mornings every day when one might rise and set the table and light candles and serve fresh blackberries and eggs on toast instead of what usually happens (I wake up late and stuff a handful of Life cereal in my purse.

Breakfast2

These little guys were a gift from Sarah courtesy of Paulova Ceramics, available on Etsy here. They make me happy.

Breakfast3

Fresh blackberries…

Breakfast4

And a pot of my new favorite coffee, the Starbucks blonde roast, Veranda Blend. One of the many perks of being married to a barista.

The point is…breakfast should be an occasion and I just rush over it to all the rest of the stuff in my day. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to wake up earlier?

What about you? What’s your favorite meal of the day?

love, elizabeth

5 comments:

Charissa Steyn said...

what a delight-full morning!! My favorite meal of the day is definitely breakfast!! It is what gets me out of bed in the morning- however, I'm just a cereal girl on most days...maybe I should start branching out a little more;)

Courtney said...

Definitely breakfast! I'm dreaming of when we finally get our new dining room table and I can have a nice set up...love yours.

Ronni @ Anywhere Is said...

Hmmm. My favorite meal is brunch. I don't get it every day but it's a good excuse to eat breakfast foods in the middle of the day!!!

Ashley said...

I'm a big fan of dinner..I've always had a tough time enjoying breakfast, ever since I was a little kid! But your table and breakfast looks lovely!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

i am a breakfast person all the way...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...