I recently got the “11 Random” tag bug from Dashboard Diary and I thought I’d pass it on…the sickness is spreading…
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post,
and then create eleven new questions to the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
11 Random Facts
1. My other dream job: Paramedic. I’m thinking about doing EMT training after I finish my doctorate. Maybe.
2. I didn’t know how to skip until I was about 9. Someone had to teach me.3. I’ve been acting since I was 5 but I’ve been telling stories since I was 2 and I think I’m probably more naturally a writer than a performer.
4. I am the only member of my immediate family that has not served in the military.5. I’m named after my mom’s twin sister.
6. There is an entire cabinet full of candles in my apartment. I have a problem.
7. I can’t whistle. Gajillions of people have tried to teach me.
8. Confession: I hardly ever think I’m smart enough to be getting my PhD. I really need to work on the whole self-confidence thing. Because I project a kind of belief in myself that I rarely feel. Am I alone in this?
9. I’ve been in 18 or 19 countries and 45 of the 50 states but I still haven’t been to New York City or Paris.
10. I legitimately had a pet rock that I both named and talked to. I was a lonely kid.
11. On long road trips, I cast myself in music videos and lip-sync with my iPod. It’s pretty great.
11 Questions from Dashboard Diary
1) If you were on Nickelodeon’s hit 90’s show “What Would You Do”, and your post-it note stuck on your head had a hidden talent written on it, what would yours be?
I know an embarrassing amount of Beatles trivia. Yup. Like for instance, Paul McCartney's middle name...is Paul. I just blew your mind, didn't I?
2) What’s your favorite movie quote?
"Oh, Roger...I love you more than any woman's ever loved a rabbit."
3) If you had to eat one thing every single day for the rest of your life what would it be?
Spaghetti and meatballs.
4) What’s your all time favorite song?
Um, this is an impossible question to answer. Here are three songs I have loved for a very long time.
"She" by Green Day
"Swing Life Away" by Rise Against
"Life for Rent" by Dido
5) Who would you choose to play you in a movie?
Well...in my yesteryears, people said I looked like Kirsten Dunst. You can be the judge of that little fantasy. I'm the one on the bottom, in case you were confused. I guess if you squint, we sort of look not dissimilar.
6) What’s your proudest moment?
I'm not sure I've had it yet. I guess I'm really thankful and excited about some of my academic accomplishments, like getting my master's degree, but I feel like I have so much farther to go in that area. Most of the time, I feel like the dumbest person in a room full of of really smart people. I have to say that working with sexual assault survivors in the hospital is probably the thing I feel most privileged to do because it's a big deal that they let me be a tiny part of their recovery process. I don't take that lightly. Again, it feels weird to say I'm "proud" of that. But I also really hate declarations of humility. No fake modesty for me. Nope. Instead, you can all just read my book, The Ten Most Humble People On Earth and How I Trained the Other Nine. Compelling stuff.
7) What was your first concert?
The Beach Boys at the Colorado State Fair. I was 14. It was awesome. The end.
8) What was your favorite childhood tv show?
Captain Planet and Maya the Bee. Little did my parents know how much crunchy granola, hippie-dippie, liberal propaganda I was indulging in in my tender years. Explains a lot. Also, interesting side note...Captain Planet had green hair. When I met Kyle, he had green hair. Coincidence? I think not. Captain P was a major fox. And environmentally conscious.
9) If you could change your name, what would you change it to and why?
So when I was younger, I really wanted a different name. In fact, I sometimes told strangers that my name was Ingrid or Lisa or Nicole. But I have grown to really love my name and identify with it. I've always been Elizabeth and only a handful of people in the world have been allowed to shorten it to anything else. For me, Elizabeth is a name that implies strength and an awareness of history that I respect and hope to emulate.
10) Why do you love your city?
This is an interesting question because I have lived so many different places and never exactly felt like I had a city that was "mine." For me, home has always been wherever I have lived. I guess that makes Columbus my city. The best thing about Columbus is the u sense of community. For my money, it is a socially-conscious, locally-oriented, culturally vibrant town. Not too big, not too small. I love the arts and I love the creative collective that I have found nurtured here. I love the volunteering I have been able to do. I enjoy the people. Oh, yeah. And we have Jeni's, aka the best ice cream on the planet. Do not argue until you've tasted it.
11) NSYNC or Backstreet Boys?
I'm going to be a politician and say both. I'm a weirdo because I like early BSB and late NSYNC. This is the best and most underappreciated NSYNC song and I am willing to go to the mat for it. I know I gotta draw the line.
11 New Questions
1. Do you take vitamins?
2. If theme music played every time you entered a room, what song would it be and why?
3. What is one thing you’ve been too afraid to try but secretly want to?
4. What is the oldest piece of clothing in your closet?
5. Is there a fictional character that you relate to?
6. What do you put in your coffee if you drink it?
7. What’s the most annoying household chore?
8. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
9. What season of the year is your favorite?
10. What are your favorite kinds of blog posts to read?
11. If you had to be another nationality, besides your own, what would you choose to be?
Blogs I Am Infecting, I Mean, Tagging
Ashley from A Recipe for Sanity
Mrs. Pancakes from The Adventures of Team Pancakes
Alexandria from the saga of a twenty-something
Kate from Love Not Distance
Karm from Love & Football
Janette from Janette the Jongleur
Ladies, if you’ve already received this or don’t feel like responding, that’s okay! Wanted to let each of you know you are loved.
Alright, guys, share some random facts with me below…