Friday, March 9, 2012

Getting Ready to Go on Vacation

Okay. That is seriously the worst post title ever. Could anything be more literal or mundane?
Kind of like getting ready to go on a vacation (see how I made that segue happen like that...smooth).

It doesn't matter if I'm going overnight or for a week. It always feels like there's a mountain of stuff that has to be done before I go somewhere. My mind is fraught with questions. Questions like, have I packed enough socks, do I need my curling iron AND my straightener, did I pay all the bills that are due next week, do I need to return those library books before I leave, will Kyle eat anything besides Doritos and buffalo wings while I'm gone, will everything I pack in the car fit on the plane ride back, so on, so forth, and etc.



So I'm in the middle of my to-do list and the middle of my finals. Whatevs. I can totally do both. I'm also trying to put some freezer meals together for Kyle (and I'm investing in some of those pre-mixed salad bags) so he won't just eat junk food and take out). I bought a luggage strap for my suitcase and some flip-flops for the beach. Hopefully tonight I'll finish my paper on Irish slasher films (you heard me). Lots to do...not so much time to do it.

What kinds of things do you worry about right before you leave town? What strategies do you use to help you plan?

love, elizabeth

3 comments:

Alex Byer said...

My biggest thing is always bills. I don't know why. But it always worries me. Blah. But have fun!!

Marina said...

Nothing worries me, I just think about the place where I'm going to :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Lots and lots of food in the freezer...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...safe travels!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...