Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vacation Day Four: Things I’m embarrassed to admit

We left Cape Hatteras really early on Sunday and drove down to Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach makes me feel like I’m in Every Spring Break Movie Ever Made. Along the boardwalk, which is pretty much where we spent all of our time this trip, there are endless hotels and ice cream shops and souvenir shops selling basically anything and everything with MYRTLE BEACH stamped on it. One of my favorite signs said, “We have everything for your spring break needs: sunscreen, beach towels, glow sticks, shot glasses, henna tattoos, body glitter, stun guns, and swords.” You know…because when I get to my hotel and realize that I have forgotten to pack my sword…well, spring break is pretty much ruined!

Sunday10

We got a pretty cool bonus this trip because our friend Andy was able to meet us in M.B. for the afternoon. For full disclosure’s sake, almost ten years ago…Andy had the great distinction of being my first boyfriend (and first kiss, ahem). He’s got a very cool, very G.I. Joe job in the Army now and is very busy with that so I really, really doubt he’ll ever read this but…just in case…Andy, thanks for being such a great guy and such a gentleman. You have always treated me with respect and kindness and I am so thankful for you. Ughhhh…I really hope he doesn’t see this post. Because now I’m embarrassed for admitting that.

Sunday2

Sunday1

It was so fun to see Andy and Ben together! They hadn’t hung out since before Benjamin enlisted a couple years ago. I have pictures somewhere of the two of them when Ben was like…11 or 12. It’s amazing to get such a visual reminder of the passage of time.

Sunday3

My mom continued to insist that we do everything she wanted to do all weekend because “it was her birthday.” In case you were wondering, it was her birthday for about five days.

Sunday4

Myrtle Beach is the miniature golf capitol of the world. So who is seriously going to pass THAT up?  Also, Mom’s adorable red sneakers.

 

Sunday5

The boys both had to drive back to their respective duty stations so we said good-bye after mini-golf and Mom and I went to our hotel. We stayed at The Breakers which I highly, highly recommend to anyone visiting. I can take zero credit for finding it because it was all Mom. She just let me stay there. Which was very nice of her.

Sunday7

This was the view from our balcony. I could not stop staring at the ocean the entire time we were there.

Sunday9

And then, like true spring breakers, we walked to a mini-mart and bought a $7 bottle of wine. We drank it on the balcony and listened to the waves. Mom told me about the first time she met my dad. It was a pretty wonderful night.

Sunday8

love, elizabeth

4 comments:

Calling In Sick Today said...

Aww this is such a sweet post.

Jemima said...

very sweet post!

Unpublished Life said...

Wow, it all looks amazing.

Looks like a great holiday - love that pic of the sneakers and golf club. Brilliant.

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

Suget said...

Sounds like a wonderful spring break-ish trip. I have never been to MB but those photos look so wonderful. I love hearing the "how I met your father" stories... of course my mom changes her's every other year... so who knows how it really happened haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...