Sunday, April 1, 2012

Holding Hands in Church

When I was a little girl, I used to watch the married couples sitting in the church pews in front of me. Sometimes he would have his arm around her shoulders. She would lean into him. They would share a hymnal. There was something so safe and protective about that image. I remember thinking, That’s what it means to be in love. Holding hands in church.

 

To be perfectly honest on a typical Sunday, about 75% of my attention is on the sermon and the other 25% is mostly on Kyle’s hand covering mine. I don’t know that there is a place or time in the universe where I feel safer than on Sunday morning, my hand in Kyle’s, both of us tucked securely inside the hands of God.

love, elizabeth

13 comments:

MGM said...

Awww! Glè mhath! Very good!

Alisha said...

Aww, what a sweet post!! I always find Brandon's hand sometime during the service too. There is definitely safety in their hands :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!
xo
Alisha

Maggie said...

So sweet and true! There is something special about holding your spouse's hand while hearing about God's goodness :)

Megan said...

I love this!! I was thinking about it today in church, actually! I love holding my hubby's hand as we listen to the sermon together!

Gentri said...

Beautiful. :)

Alex Byer said...

This is just the sweetest thing. EVER.

Jen said...

I love this.. this is what i'm always thinking every time I see all the couples in church holding hands/leaning into each other. hope I will have that someday :)

Steph said...

WHERE IS THE LOVE BUTTON!!!!!! so sweet! also super jealous...but someday ;)

Bijee said...

soooo true! Love it!

Kathi said...

Beautiful... that's what's it all about.... holding hands is the best.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Oh my goodness that was just such a beautiful image!

Suget said...

That is so sweet. I always usually have like little hands in mine and shhh them haha (:

Unpublished Life said...

What a lovely post. You are so lucky to have found someone to hold hands with in church. It's a gift.

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...