Saturday, July 28, 2012

Madigan Gets a Makeover

Dear Readers:

It’s been awhile since I’ve addressed you directly. What can I say? I’ve been on va-cay, having some serious me-time. But events have transpired and I feel I should break my blog silence.

You know how you think something is a good idea and then it really isn’t? But it’s too late because you’ve already said, “Oh, hey, yeah, it’s totally cool if you give me a hair cut”? I’ll admit it. I was getting furry. But who doesn’t like to let it all hang out in the summertime?

Mad8

But my mom was all like, “Oh, Madigan, it’s so hot, let me give you a haircut, it’ll be super easy, do you want a treat?” And I was all like, “Sure, yeah, whatever,” totally not even KNOWING what I was agreeing to. Have you ever seen a picture that made you think, “OMG, someone please invent time travel”??? Here I am in the bathroom, awaiting my fate. So naïve, so innocent. So blissfully ignorant.

Mad1

And then…stuff got real.

Mad3

Mad5

Mad4

Why don’t they just legally change my name to Patches or Bald Spot or The Dog Who Foolishly Believed Her Owners and Let Them Give Her a “Trim” and get it over with? I told Mom if she was that interested in saving money on haircuts, I would be more than happy to cut her bangs for her. Revenge is so sweet.

Mad7

Want to read more of my thoughts? You can. Here and here and here and here. And here.

You know you love me.

XOXO

Madigan

PS: I’m on a GG marathon right now, peeps. Sue me.

4 comments:

Zoey said...

I LOL'd for realsies on this one, Elizabeth. SO great. I give Paisley haircuts too when I'm feeling overwhelmed by the cost of 'real' groomer's haircuts. Did you use scissors or a trimmer? I have a trimmer if you don't and want to borrow it. I'm definitely not a professional but I'm decent since I've done it several times now. Let me know if you need help or anything!

Ashley @ A Recipe for Sanity said...

GG marathons are the best ever. And poor Madigan, lol! But I can't blame you. It's so expensive to get animals professionally groomed!

Alex Byer said...

OMG. This is brilliant and hilarious. I mean, not Madigan's feelings. Those are very important. And not funny at all. But...LOL.

Megan said...

Hahahaha!! I love this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...