It’s August and that means it’s time for another inspiration of the month feature! This month, I’d like you to meet Beth.
Okay, so I talk about Beth a lot on this blog. Because a) She’s one of my best friends on the entire planet, b) We’ve been through more crap together than anyone will ever know, and c) She seriously inspires pretty much everyone she comes into contact with. Maybe you’re sick of hearing me talk about Beth. Beth, Beth, Beth, you’re thinking. If you met Beth…you’d understand.
Beth and I met our freshman year of college where we both majored in theatre. I tell her all the time that the first time I met her, I wanted to be friends with her so badly but was convinced she was way too cool to be friends with me. To which she always replies, “Elizabeth, you are so silly!”
There are lots and lots of inspiring things about Beth but one of my favorite things is her passion as a yoga instructor.
Yoga is one of those things I find super intimidating for some reason but would really love to try because it’s such good physical and emotional exercise. What I love about Beth is how accessible she makes yoga. There is no pretention or attitude about her as a teacher. She loves yoga and she loves helping other people love yoga.
Five Fast Beth Facts:
- Beth is currently in her final year, studying for her Master of Fine Arts in Acting. She once played Cinderella. On opening night, she saved the Fairy Godmother from being crushed by a falling piece of set. (Funny side note: her future husband played the wicked stepmother!)
- She got married last week.
- She knows the words to pretty much every pop song written between about 1952 and 1969. It’s a little freaky. Oh, also…bad 90’s music.
- She does the most incredible “fake drunk” bit I’ve ever seen. We really didn’t drink hardly AT ALL in college but there were a few people who were convinced that Beth was a hardcore partier because she would walk around with a cup of soda all night, stumbling around and slurring her words. People were constantly making sure that no one gave her the car keys. Someone give the lady a Tony.
- Beth also loves to bake. My favorites? Her peanut butter pie and her white chocolate raspberry cupcakes. The year we lived together, I ate more pie than any one person should be allowed to have.
So there you have it. Are you inspired to take up yoga, yet?
What about YOU? Who is inspiring you lately?