Saturday, December 8, 2012

Breakfast Tea

I got to spend this morning with one of my favorite people. I haven’t told her this but Chelsea is kinda my grad-school inspiration. She manages to be both totally accomplished as a scholar and dynamic as a teacher, but also fun and passionate and hilarious and she never makes you feel dumb for not knowing something. She just has this way of making the obscure and erudite completely cool and accessible. And I love her.

One of my bucket list items for 2012 was to visit at least five places featured in the book Breakfast with Nick, written by breakfast blogger, Nick Dekker, which is about all the amazing places to have breakfast in Columbus. So today we went to the Cambridge Tea House and it was just as lovely as I imagined it would be. The scones were perfect and the tea was just right. If you live in Columbus and haven’t been yet, I totally recommend it.

Breakfast7Breakfast1Breakfast2Breakfast5Breakfast3Breakfast4

I also got to hear some of Chelsea’s dissertation research about 18th-century actresses that seriously had me on the edge of my seat. I will not be even a little shocked when all of this gets turned into an HBO mini-series.

Have you been anywhere new lately?

love, elizabeth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...