Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Weekend with Kate

Kate flew out from San Diego last weekend to see me and I wanted to share some of my pictures. She decided by the end of the weekend that anyone who enters my apartment should be required to sign a photography waiver. But she was a great sport about it and let me take about a gajillion pictures of her! Here are a few of my favorites…

Kate1

Kate hadn’t had real snow in the past two years because she spends most of her time in sunny San Diego. Don’t you feel bad for her? Actually, you should probably feel bad for her. I made her stand outside for a long time while I snapped these.

Kate4

Isn’t she beautiful?

Kate

When Kate and I were in middle school and high school, we were in a girls’ ensemble choir at church. Our wonderful director (and growing up, our second mom), Tammy, lives here in Ohio now. On Sunday afternoon, we dragged her out to the Franklin Park Conservatory with us to see the beautiful orchids, but mostly just to talk her ear off…so fun. I can’t even tell you how many of my high school memories revolve around choir sleepovers at Miss Tammy’s!

TammyandKate

Kate3

And one of me…to prove I was actually there…

Me

I actually took a whole big bunch at the conservatory and I’ll post some of those tomorrow! Tammy and I are both pretty hardcore shutterbugs and poor Kate had to follow us around for an hour or so but I think she had fun, anyway.

Thank you, thank you, Kate for flying all the way to little old Columbus for me and thank you, Tammy, for coming out in the cold February afternoon with us!

love, elizabeth

3 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Awwww I love when friends come to visit and she enjoyed some snow too!

Unknown said...

Since I like your blog as well,thanks


Send flowers

Kate&Garrett said...

Awe you're too sweet to me!! It was so much fun seeing you!!!! And it mostly felt like Senior Picture Day. Thanks for making me look so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...