Haven't done one of these in a couple weeks. Thought it was high time.
1. I was listening to an old mix tape in the car today and heard this. I forgot how epically awesome this song is. And how epically awesome Gwen Stefani was in No Doubt.
2. Had to have blood drawn this morning and I was kind of a baby about it. I hid it well (thank you, theatre degree) but it hurt more than I remembered it hurting last time. Is it possible I am getting less hard-core in my middle twenties?
3. Major girl confession: I just sucked it up and scheduled my annual exam with a brand new OBGYN. I have been putting this off for a few months because who seriously enjoys THAT visit? But my previous doctor was really terrible and I needed to go see someone new. I was a little nervous but then I remembered I'm a strong, grown woman and I can totally handle this. Right? Right. Girls, if you're not getting regualr pelvic and breast exams, just do it. Nothing more important than your health! Dudes, you need to go to the doctor, too.
3. I am now unashamedly addicted to America's Got Talent. I can't decide who I love more...Nick Cannon as host, the host of weirdos who think they can win a million dollars and a Las Vegas show, or the host of weirdos who totally CAN. I have never seen more unusual and creative work. It's such a fantastic show and reminds me why I'm writing my dissertation on popular entertainment. Check out one of my favorite acts from this last week. This kid is so charming and polite. And what a VOICE.
4. I read a romance novel this weekend. There. I said it. And it may or may not have been about a Navy Seal who has to be a bodyguard for a woman on the run. And because she's special and different, she totally melts his bad-guy-snipering heart and there is passionate kissing and he's all "you don't understand, I'm a KILLER, BELLA!" and she's all "I don't care! Drink my blood!" Whoops. Wrong book. It was no 50 Shades of Grey but you know...what is? (disclaimer: this is not a recommendation)
5. I've been terrible about keeping up with blogs but expect to see much more of me now that I'm officially on summer hours!
Alright, lay it on me. What's your girl confession today?
PS: Have you voted in the sidebar yet? Help me decide which charity should receive the June sponsorship proceeds!