If this list is short, it’s because I was dangerously close to crying. Some stuff my dad has taught me.
1. If one solution doesn’t solve the problem, try another.
2. Real men cry.
3. Reading out loud is an art form.
4. You can learn how to do anything. Just read the manual.
5. Do things the right way even if no one else will ever know the difference.
6. Sing in the church pew like you’re singing in the choir. Offer your best even if only God and your daughter can hear you.
7. Sometimes the most important thing to do in an argument is listen.
8. Attending church isn’t just a priority; it’s an occasion.
9. Following God’s plan for your life might mean joining the Navy or going to the mission field or working in an office building in Colorado, but following God’s plan will always bring contentment.
10. Education is meant to uplift, not to patronize or condescend or look down on others.
I love you so much, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!
What about you? What lessons have you learned from your dad?