1. I am crushing so hard on The Salty Caramels. And lucky for me, they just happen to be a Columbus band so I get to see them play downtown in a couple weeks. They have the sort of vintage-y harmonies of The Ditty Bops and She & Him (or credit where credit’s due, The Andrews Sisters), the melancholy folk grit of First Aid Kit and the old school rock n’ roll attitude of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals (they also remind me of The Pipettes and Lucky Soul, in case you were wondering…but you weren’t).
2. If books were boyfriends, I would have quite a reputation. Check out this 1921 novel I uncovered at the thrift store for 90¢. If I used words like ‘steal’ (and I don’t), I would that this was…one of those.
3. Current blog obsessions: the Weavefreezone, A Spinster’s Guide to Dating, and Adventures in Mediocrity. These women are super funny, super smart, and super awesome – which you know…is my favorite combination.
4. If anyone has taught me the definition of unconditional love, it’s Madigan.
5. Now that season finales are in full swing, I’m reeaaaaaaaallllllllyyy looking forward to the return of Rookie Blue for the summer. Yay for Canadian police dramas!
6. The pool at our apartment complex just opened for the season and I plan to do as much of my summer research as I can with my toes dipped in the cool, cool water.
7. Our set of giant coffee cups makes me feel like I’m at Central Perk. And if you don’t get that reference, maybe we aren’t really friends. …
Alright, your turn. Confessions this week?