Monday, May 14, 2012

Thrifty Outfit Post

I had so much fun doing the last thrifted outfit post I thought I’d try another one today. Mostly because it feels like every time I open a magazine, I see something like this or this. And I don’t know about you but for me, a $78 tank top is not a “steal.” Not only is thrifting a great way of reducing our carbon footprint by reusing instead of throwing away, but it allows you so much creativity and freedom. And this has fueled my long-time love affair with the second-hand store.

In addition to my super-trendy clothes, I would like to point out the picturesque photo-shoot location complete with the breathtaking view of the dumpster. Super sexy. Thanks for noticing. Also…anyone else think there are a LOT of hyphens in this post?

OutfitPostPost2

OutfitPostPost

OutfitPost4

Dress: Volunteers of America Thrift Store, $3.99

Cardigan: Charlotte Russe, clearance, $6.99

Vintage Boots: Flea market, $10

Bracelets: Funky Jewelry, $1 each

Knit flower: gift

 

Thrifting tip of the week: Second-hand sizing can be tricky for a couple reasons a) a variety of brands and b) after a few washes, our clothes tend to shrink up or stretch out. Many of the bigger thrift stores have dressing rooms so take advantage and be open to a broader range of sizes than normal. Wear leggings and tank tops for non-dressing room try-on’s.

Share your thrift store tips below!

love, elizabeth

9 comments:

Alex said...

Holy moly girl you look great! And I agree, $78 is totally NOT a steal! I barely even want to pay that much for shoes! You really know how to find a bargain :)

Faith said...

agreed! $78 for a tank is not a steal!

you look incredible! i seriously do not have the gift for thrifting. i can never find anything i like so i just leave disappointed and mad that others have this gift! you have it!

Nomali/Minenhle said...

I think this is among the few logical reasons (which mostly consist of chanting "Brooklyn") that I want to visit you side of the pond. Great finds! Those bangles and those boots, yum.

Love from Jo'burg

bonnie-bonnbonnboutiqe.blogspot.com said...

so cute!

Sarahcastically said...

omg your hair looks so awesome how do you get your hair to do that!!!

I want some cowboy boots.

Tara said...

I've tried to go thrifting a few times, but I never know what to look for or how to match things...I also have a hard time finding things that fit me. However, I have so many friends who are great at it and who find such cool things, that I'm determined to become skilled at it as well!

Jen said...

you look amazing! I LOVE that outfit and it's so cool that you were able to pull the whole thing together at such a cheap cost :) I'd love it, cause I just can't get myself to spend a lot on clothes!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love love the whole
Outfit! I
Agree that anything over $30 takes me a minute:-)
Your hair
Looks great:-)

The Funky Junkie said...

Good morning! I just found your blog today through From the Desk and I'm so glad I did! I love your thrifty style and your love for God and your husband. I can't wait to read some more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...