Friday, May 11, 2012

Topiary–it’s just a fancy hedge

One of my goals this year has been to seek out some of the more hidden treasures here in Columbus. I’m always so interested in the odd little museums and parks in a city that escape notice. I guess I like feeling like I’m rediscovering something that was made by someone else. And the more time I spend exploring, the more at home I feel. The Topiary Park is one of those places.

TP4

The park is modeled after this very famous painting by Georges Seurat. Can you see the resemblance?

TP2

Ducks

Fortunately for me, Kyle puts up with my shenanigans. And if he doesn’t think these places are as romantic and poetic as I do…at least he pretends he does.

TP1

The Topiary Park has got me in the mood to have some more urban adventures. I’m looking forward to visiting some other things like the Wonder Bread sign or Hartman’s Rock Garden or The Wall of Gum. Who knew Ohio had so many weird attractions?

Are you looking for off-the-beaten-path stuff to see in YOUR town? Check out my new favorite site here.

love, elizabeth

PS: Have a burning question about pet health? Be sure to check out the Ask-an-Expert post from yesterday to submit your questions for our veterinarian Melissa! She’ll be answering them here on the blog next week. Also, I have now typed the word ‘veterinarian’ so many times that I actually remember how to spell it.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

What a neat place! It's fun to be a "tourist" in your hometown sometimes, isn't it? Visiting from Story of my Live - it's so nice to "meet" you :-)

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to visit there ever since I started driving by it on my way to school! I'm glad you enjoyed it--I still haven't made it there yet! Hope you're doing great!
~The other E

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...