There is a lot of stuff to occupy your time here on the World Wide Web. Don’t worry. The Internet told me she wants you to look at these things.
1. The first season of Smash just ended and I’ve been listening to the soundtrack on Spotify. Unfortunately, my favorite song, the show’s homage to Bollywood, didn’t make it onto the album. So imagine my delight when I found you can watch the “A Thousand and One Nights” clip here on Hulu. This is the coolest thing they did all season in my opinion.
2. If you haven’t visited Cupcake Project, yet, you are missing out. Steph does a ton of experimental cupcakes, as well as some more traditional ones. Be sure to check out her recipe index for a few of the cupcakes on my to-make list like Mimosa Cupcakes, Parmesan Sour Cream Cupcakes with Raspberry Whipped Cream Frosting, or even Cucumber Martini Cupcakes.
3. Gertrude and Charlotte over at A Spinster’s Guide to Dating are going away a beeaaaaaaautttttiifull necklace! And while you’re over there entering the giveaway, be sure to check out their tips for movie theatre cuddling and their hilarious commentary on hipster boys.
4. You can watch some truly bizarre web cams on the internet. But my new favorites are the the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel web cam where I just watched complete strangers get married by Elvis Presley and the Leprechaun web cam on the edge of a fairy ring in Tipperay, Ireland.
5. Nicholas Cage interviews Nicholas Cage on Saturday Night Live. One of my favorite skits of all time. If the rumors are true and Andy Samberg is really leaving SNL, the show is really going to suffer.
6. This great love song by The Lumineers (a Denver band so I’m especially proud).
7. The Library of Congress’s Digital Collections. It’s mind-boggling to me how many untapped archives and learning tools we have at our fingertips! Be sure to check out some of my faves like this 1919 recording of “A pretty girl is like a melody” or old Coca-cola Television Ads.
There. The Internet says ‘you’re welcome.’
Share your favorite links below!