Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reality Check

This is going to be a short post because I am running on zero sleep and hours and hours of studying. In light of that, I thought I’d offer you all a picture of my morning. May it boost your self-esteem and foster greater respect for graduate students everywhere. Or make you feel really sorry for me. Or something.

Reality1

That would be the iced coffee from McDonald’s that I have been nursing since 10 last night. Yeah.

Reality2

And this is apparently what I look like after pulling three all-nighters in a week. Good grief. If that’s not a picture of a hollow shell, I don’t know what is. In all reality, it’s not that terrible and I’m going to be okay. I’ve got my tunes blasting and the ibuprofen has kicked in.

Here’s my morning jam.

 

I promise more interesting posts soon like the next chapter of the love story and a DIY project Kyle has been working on…so stay tuned for less whiny blogging.

love you guys,

elizabeth

PS: If you’re a Spotify user, have you heard about the play button feature for bloggers? Super cool new feature…

6 comments:

Jen said...

UGH. This was me during finals. I STILL feel like an empty shell even though it's been like 2 weeks. Grad school stinks. Really made my depression flare up. I hope that yours will be over with soon and that you'll get back to being rested. Good luck on the rest of them! xoxo

Anonymous said...

aw. It's really ok for you to be posting such small posts when you have other things to do! (I'd say it was ok if you didn't post at all, but for some reason, I think you posted at one point that you're trying to post every day, so I won't encourage you! :P)You're a busy woman, and we understand that! Love you and am praying for you!
<3, the other E.

Sarah @ Vol Family Life said...

I studied 79 hours once for a molecular cellular developmental bio final. I swear I was hallucinating by the time it was over and I slept for about 18 hours after.

Good luck and may the force be with you.

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

i gets you. i will be waiting :)

Alex Byer said...

Oh girl, I feel you. It'll be over soon!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Ughhh I don't miss school at all. This post did both I appreciate and feel sorry for you:-) hope its all over soon:-) get those A's lady!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...